Exhibition Organization and Support
The Record: Contemporary Art and Vinyl was organized by the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University and is curated by Trevor Schoonmaker, Patsy R. and Raymond D. Nasher Curator of Contemporary Art.
The Record: Contemporary Art and Vinyl is made possible by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. Major support is provided by Marilyn M. Arthur, the Mary Duke Biddle Foundation, Duke University's Council for the Arts, the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources, Charles Weinraub and Emily Kass, E. Blake Byrne, Barbra and Andrew Rothschild, Christen and Derek Wilson, and the Graduate Liberal Studies program at Duke University. This program is supported in part, by public funds from the Netherlands Cultural Services. Additional support is provided by Dr. and Mrs. Robert F. Allen, Catherine Karmel, Peggy and John Murray, Francine and Benson Pilloff, Caroline and Arthur Rogers, Olympia Stone and Sims Preston, Angela O. Terry, Richard Tigner, Nancy Palmer Wardropper, Peter Lange and Lori Leachman, Lauren and Neill Goslin, and Merge Records.
The Miami presentation is supported by a grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation as part of its Knight Arts Challenge. Additional support is provided by DJ Le Spam, JW Marriott Marquis, Ocean Drive Magazine, Scratch Academy, Smirnoff, Stanton, Winter Music Conference, The Workshop, WPBT Channel 2 and WVUM-FM.The official cultural partners for The Record are: Grand Central, Lester’s, Rhythm Foundation and Sweat Records.
The Record: Advisory Committee
- Jourdan Binder | Owner of The Workshop Collective, LLC\
- Mario Cader-Frech | VP, Public Affairs, The Americas; Viacom
- P. Scott Cunningham | Founder of O, Miami
- Michael Genovese | Artist
- Bruno del Granado | President of RM Entertainment Group
- Nicolas Lobo | Artist
- Aramis Lorie | Promoter and Founder of Poplife; Owner of Grand Central
- Daniel Milewski | Artist and Owner of Lester's
- Laura Quinlan | President of Rhythm Foundation
- Lauren Reskin | Owner of Sweat Records
- Leighton Walsh | DJ and member of Jamaica’s Black Chiney Sound System
- Andrew Yeomanson | DJ Le Spam of Spam Allstars