Open, Full-time Position: Marketing and Promotions Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Summary Description: Miami Art Museum seeks a Marketing and Promotions Manager to carry out marketing activities for museum exhibitions, programs and events. Immediate responsibilities will be associated with the opening of the Museum’s new state-of-the-art home, the Perez Art Museum Miami, now under construction in downtown Miami’s Museum Park. The Marketing and Promotions Manager will handle marketing and promotions initiatives that address audience development priorities, and support attendance and revenue goals. The Marketing and Promotions Manager will work in conjunction with communications, pr and graphic design team members to carry out the marketing portion of integrated marketing and communications plans in support of department goals.
- Works to enhance marketing efforts in order to exceed visitor, membership, and revenue goals; Understand visitor profiles to reach core audience and identify strategies and market placement to reach those audiences
- Work closely with key colleagues within the division to extend the museum’s visibility across all traditional and non-traditional marketing/advertising platforms to build brand awareness, brand loyalty, and drive new and repeat visitation
- Develop and implement creative targeted marketing initiatives across all media to generate new and repeat paid visitation and works to achieve or exceed visitation and revenue goals annually
- Keep archives of all collaterals and advertisements; Collect, compile, and analyze data, creating statistical reports
- Coordinates activities for PAMM Contemporaries, museum’s young professionals group
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Communications and graphic designers in the design and production of all collaterals and marketing materials; Manage production schedule for all printed and electronic collaterals, exhibition announcements, event invitations, institution calendars, and other printed and electronic marketing materials
- Coordinate requests for graphics, logos and ad/collaterals creation between requesting departmen
- Implement and assess advertising and marketing plans that support the Museum’s annual attendance goals and address audience development priorities including creative advertising strategies including but not limited to radio, print, television, outdoor, general promotions and guerilla.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and assessment of advertising campaigns/plans for exhibitions, cultural tourism, membership, and special events.
- Provide guidance on advertising and marketing strategy to membership department in order to grow new and repeat visitation.
- Collaborate with development staff to develop in-kind promotional sponsorships for exhibitions, programs, and activities.
- Builds and maintains promotional partnerships with outside organizations and businesses as a way to extend our presence in key markets to reach new audience segments. Evaluate these partnerships annually.
- Identifies and executes of promotional opportunities. Includes assisting in the fulfillment and execution of promotions secured through ad buys.
- Develops community-based programs and events to help broaden audience participation.
- Identifies and reaches out to community groups/special interest groups that align with our exhibits, movies and programs to help extend our reach/awareness into the community.
- College degree in marketing, communications, business or related field, or commensurate related experience.
- Four to six years related experience in marketing.
- Experience using social media, online marketing and ad words, and search engine optimization.
- Experience working with graphic designers and printers; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML.
- Strong project management skills, including exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to drive and manage projects from conception to completion.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Experience in media placement, printing, production, creative development, and innovative community partnerships.
- Experience working in non-profit or cultural institutions, tourist attractions, or the travel and tourism industry a plus.
- Knowledge of national arts and audience trends and extensive experience with audience research, strategic public information, and community-relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques a plus.
- Candidates for this position should possess a good capacity for thinking strategically, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Excel in working with a wide variety of personalities and leadership styles and multiple departments in a complex organization.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) including files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com